I also put the new annarbor.com and annarborchronicle.com in there, so I'm back to keeping up on local events (I didn't realize how much I was missing the newspaper until I saw all the stuff in the reader that I wasn't getting... and when I cried the day it closed... but that's another story).
Of course, I realize I have this luxury since I'm not in classes right now. Am I procrastinating working on Pat's papers by reading everyone's blogs? Perhaps, but I'm also kind of looking at it as professional development. After all, I'm going to be an English teacher and I will have to read a lot of papers. I think I will like it (I'm psyching myself up for this early). I love all the different voices.
On the topic of reading students' papers, I was thinking, wouldn't it be cool to have every student have their own private blog that I could subscribe to in my Google reader, then I could keep up with their writing that way. I have to consider that not every student will have internet access, but it's something to think about anyway.

It is always interesting to read your story :)
ReplyDeleteI like your idea that applying google reader into your class. That will be fun^^
Thanks, Seung. :)
ReplyDeleteSarah, I like your idea about having your students write blogs, with you being able to keep up with them through your RSS reader. Perhaps if this was the kind of assignment that didn't have to be done *that* frequently, your students without home access to computers would be able to use school or library computing resources (or maybe even their cell phones) to do the reflective writing work. This is also a great question to bring to your readings of the edubloggers...maybe you could probe some of their solutions to this problem.
ReplyDelete